Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lunch today - Easy quick and yummy Beef and Rice Skillet!

Made this for lunch yesterday - so easy, especially since I already had leftover cooked ground beef.

I made almost exactly as called for in Lynn's recipe. I only added 1/2 lb. of meat - 1 whole pound is just too much meaty goodness for me, and I also added a small can of diced green chiles.

S loved this and so did I.  Hubsters liked it with cheese on top. It's surprisingly tasty for such a simple recipe.  I think this will go into regular rotation.


Easy Beef and Rice (From Lynn's Kitchen Adventures)

  • 1 pound lean ground beef (again, I used 1/2 lb.)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 can (14 ounces)diced tomatoes with liquid
  • 2 cups beef broth ( I make mine by using water and beef bouillon or base)
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
In a large skillet, cook ground beef with onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.

This post is linked to Made By You Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment