Friday, February 5, 2010

Spring is coming.... time to garden!

As a gardener, I'm among those who believe that much of the evidence of God's existence has been planted.  ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

This is my fourth year to garden, but I have never successfully started any of my plants from seeds.  This year I am determined to make it work.  S and I went to Home Depot and bought some seeds for slicing tomatoes, roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos, and bell peppers.  I also bought a little "windowsill greenhouse" that is made by Jiffy.  It's very cool - it has little soil pellets in it.  All you do is add water and they expand, then you plant your seeds and place the plastic cover back on the tray until your seeds sprout.

S loved watching me plant the seeds, and he did his best to get in the way help. 




No comments:

Post a Comment